Veruca Salt...
Man life sucks.
Right now I feel like Veruca Salt after the "bad egg" episode.
No matter how kind or nice I seem to think that I am to people, it just seems to mean that they can run over me a little more.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Nice guys always finish last.
Don't forget these things. They are impenetrably true. No matter where you go you are reminded of this.
Even at work, the boss has these quotes that are supposed to increase morale; The latest one had something to the effect of:
"While patient people get some stuff, it's the a-holes that push and shove their way to the front that get everything good, and only the leftovers are left for the patient."
Come on people. What are we trying to promote? Think about it. We survive just fine with what we've got, a lot of people survived just as well, or even better, with a lot less. I'm sure that we could do it, and we don't really NEED to keep going out and getting more and more crap to bring back to the "cave", but that is what everyone keeps pushing. It's like crack for the common folk. When will we ever learn that to be better people, we need to learn to rise above the 'common' responses of fear, jealousy and violence?
I have decided that humanity, for a large part, is a lost cause. There are but a few people out there that actually live, breathe and think for themselves. Of course, this could just be my job talking.
Dealing with human trash long enough, it just may convert me to human trash, and that is truly immensely scary. These people complain that their "checks" (read: welfare checks) don't afford them to be able to eat out often enough or to buy them the cell phone that they want, instead of the "crummy" one that they may have gotten 6 months ago.
I'm honestly scared of how I'll react in returning to the normal "working" world. I'm afraid that I've become so much of them that it will reflect in how I act towards "normal" people. I continue to ask myself, "Is this really worth it?"
Have I really become Veruca Salt? Will I never be able to have "enough"? Hmmmmm...Maybe we should all ask that question. Take an honest look around. How many times an hour do you take for granted what you've got?

2 Comments:
i feel for you Bro, i really do... take heart tho, there are more people like yourself out there than you think! just as an example, check out the first 5 minutes of the pilot to Tina Fey's new comedy, 30 Rock and you will see what i mean=)
I read the title and somehow hoped you'd mention the band and not the chocoalte factory...
dude, am sorry you're in a rough spot. wish we'd've seen ya saturday for good games, movies and booze
Post a Comment
<< Home