Monday, January 23, 2006

On the edge of a brand new day...

With so many things happening in my life that I would consider as new, healthy, and generally very good, I must take time to recognize how much I appreciate them all individually, and wave goodbye to all the things that have haunted my past.

First of all, I must give a warm, healthy welcome and thank you to all the friends I have currently in my life, I will not name names, but you are all welcome, in your own way, to enrich my life and make me a better person. I welcome you all and hope that the future holds even better things than those I see now.

Secondly, as I finish the piece-and-part section of my professional life, and begin moving on to a career-oriented professional life, I must bid adieu to those that will work me long enough hours at a rate of pay that keeps me living with my parents. I open-heartedly and with open arms welcome all those that will work me long hours to be able to support me and those whom I choose to have next to me. As part of this, I must thank those who have driven me from my own madness to this point, without romantic visions of working my entire career for one company, who will continue to pay me more and more for the services that I will be able to provide as I continue to learn my profession of choice.

Thirdly, I must give thanks for the parental units, to whom I must give a firm thumbs up for hauling me in, and giving me a roof when I could provide none for myself.

Moving forward also includes leaving behind the things we can no longer deal with about ourselves, as well as others, showing that we have evolved from a less mature creature towards a more mature one. Leaving behind days of eating out three times a day, getting drunk every weekend just because, and putting everything on the credit card because you have no way else of paying for it now go by the wayside.

This maturity thing just plain sucks. Well at least for the moment, I still have transit war. Ah well. Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home