Friday, April 21, 2006

Update- Re: Do the right thing.

Well, the powers that be came to their senses, about a week after the fact.

New gripe:

-I am graduating June 23rd...
-I request such day off (w/o explanation)
-Request comes back denied (says 2 people off already, even though the policy posted on the wall in the hall clearly states 3 is max)
-I resubmit (w/explanation, and documentation for emphasis hehehe)
-I get said day off, with "evil one" stating something about "against policy" or some b.s. excuse.

Story -- Explained a little more thoroughly with details.

Aside--
God Bless Sierra, she's so sweet about this whole thing, wrote a whole blog about my plight. Sheesh...such a compliment from someone so UNCOOL...but alas she's come so far to get so close to being cool....I'll give her honorary status for this gesture.

Back to subject at hand....

Why can't these people just understand that I don't fool around with these stupid random vacations like those who have NO life (*ahem SCOTT ahem*) who take vacations because they dont have enough time to lounge around in their pj's playing online games when they are not working their *LONG* 35.5 hr/week. Please! I have a few better things to do, like fucking graduate and get the fuck away from this hell hole of a place of employment. I have to admit though, it is freeing to think that they have NO fucking say on if I was going to actually be at work that day. I would just call into work sick and use a PTO day later. FUCK them. They seemingly have no concept that people actually want to have lives outside of the walls of Vay-Oh-Le-Ah, not to mention that they might actually have responsibilities that don't include anything to do with them. I swear they'd swallow up my whole life if I didn't give a flying rat's ass about how much I was paid or if my soul was actually mine to sell. I swear these people really just need to operate the company properly, and (virtually) all the stress would disappear *magically*. I have to admit that the "evil one" has been sucked in by so much drama and stress that, from this perspective, she actually lives from inside the monster, day in and day out, I almost feel sorry for her, if she weren't such a power mongering idiot with a master's degree in psychology, she might be able to see beyond the end of her own nose long enough to see that she might be able to do something else that wasn't nearly as stressful, and much much better paying. Anyhow, I'm starting to relate to these idiots, I better stop before I become sympathetic to their harsh realities, I've got far too much of my own to deal with.

'Til then....

BTW...June 23rd peoples....plan for a party type situation soon thereafter.

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006 11:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I get said day off, with "evil one" stating something about "against policy" or some b.s. excuse."


What a load of crap. It is not against policy. Maybe the "evil one" needs to re-read the policy. You will be FR driver #2 and there are no other drivers out.

I'm happy that you got it though. And I may not be cool but at least I'm fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home