Life in the Fast Lane...
Surely make you lose your mind....
I remember that Eagles song lyric, and it just keeps reminding me of the pace of my life currently...I keep reminding myself it's by my own choice, but still the insanity of it all is hard to deal with. When I get out of school and get a 'real' job, I sure hope that it slows down enough so that I can enjoy life a bit more often. Four and a half months of this insanity left, and there is definitely no sign of let-up before June 25th. In fact, there are signs that it's gonna get quite a bit more bumpy. 5 classes this semester, I need to take classes, or at least short courses on at least two certifications, not to mention the actual tests scheduled in between work, school, a semi-dysfunctional social life, and my lovely (and hopefully) understanding girlfriend, Erinn. Not to mention the cost of said classes and tests. Hold on folks, it's gonna get interesting here in the next 4 months, starting March 6th.
Sidenote: The strange part about it all, is that I have to decide if I even want to have a graduation ceremony, and I can even choose where it would be. The problem with this is that I'm not sure after all this racing towards an ill-defined finish line is worthy of my going through the tacky pomp and circumstance ceremony, even if it is supposed to be the crowning achievement of my time and frustration spent through the (at that point) last year. Part of me thinks it'd be another chore, and part of me thinks it'd be something to set off the celebration by.
Oh yeah, you better bet your bottom dollar there is going to be a huge freakin party somewhere near that place in time. Everybody is invited, and dammit everyone's gonna have a good time, I dont care if you're unhappy, just dance around and look like you're having fun cuz I'll be pissed your poopin on my freakin party.

1 Comments:
By the time I finally got my BA degree I was well over the idea of "crossing the stage" and firmly behind the "go straight to partying" mentality.
Post a Comment
<< Home