Friday, November 17, 2006

Better Late than Never....

I was looking to find a new J-O-B the other day, and I accidentally mis-typed the address. This is what I found:

Halloweenie Explanation

I know, it's probably about a month or so late to actually be thought of as a 'find', but I ran across this and thought it was actually quite informational...

Things I found out that I didn't know:

  • Celts celebrated New Years on what is now Nov. 1st

  • Celts actually created what has become Halloween.

  • Not only did Celtic priests (druids) actually believe they could see the future, but that the dead walking amongst them wasn't scary, but enlightening, it helped them better see into the future.
    - Hmm...maybe if we learned better from our past mistakes we'd be able to better see the future too....ehehehe

    The celts are my ancestors....I'm not sure of it, but I know that my family is traced back to Northern England and that's close enough for me. Which makes this way cool to me. A little bit o' seeing how the other half (of history) lived.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home